Camperhus - Land Rover Defender Camper
I've been constructing campers for several years now and they are, as ever, very popular. I also enjoy driving and messing around with Land Rovers. One day I thought why not combine the two interests.
There are many companies offering to convert your Land Rover into an 'overlander' or expedition vehicle, but very few that offer to convert it into a 'camper'.
CamperHus Conversion can now offer to convert your Defender for you, either a 5 door 110 county or a 3 door 110 hard top.
The conversion needs the added space in the back of the 110 to accommodate a full length bed and with an elevating roof to give additional height.
A full length, custom made, roof rack can also be fitted to allow for carrying items at the front and for mounting awnings etc. to the sides and rear.
Ample storage is provided within the vehicle as well as storage accessed from outside for gas/fuel etc.
The furniture includes
- A sink unit with 2 cupboards below the sink and a small cupboard at floor level
- A tall unit housing the fridge, a tall cupboard, a smaller one above the fridge and another small cupboard at floor level
- A rear seat box which contains the 12v fuse box and charger, but also additional storage for tools etc.
- A front seat/storage unit (in the 5 door County) this can house a portable toilet.
There is a 36/40 litre water storage tank fitted which is filled from outside the vehicle. The water system includes a Shurflo pump, water filter and marine fold down tap.
The gas storage locker is designed to accommodate a 4.5Kg gas bottle.
The camper is fully insulated throughout and suitable wall coverings are included. The floor coverings is a non slip safety vinyl flooring available in many different colours. The furniture is constructed from lightweight ply with a hard surface for durability.
There is a choice of finishes available. The example shown used a stripped wood finish called Zebrano with silver edging and aluminium corner profiles.
The elevating roof is not large enough for adults to sleep in, however young children could be accommodated, speak to me if you are interested.
The conversion described above will cost approximately £11,450
There will of course be numerous extras that can be added internally and externally, such as:
- 100W solar panels and charge controller
- Diesel or gas heater
- External locker (3 door only)
- Additional rear windows (3 door only)
- Additional interior lighting
- Additional awning lights
- Blackout curtains
- Portable loo
Not to mention the usual mechanical extras that can be fitted to the base vehicle.
- Chequer plate
- Additional exterior lighting
- Change of front grill
- New wheels and tyres
- Rear/side steps
- Aluminium storage roof box
If you are interested please Contact me for details